The cyclical nature of teaching and learning forms the basis of duties for faculty. To strive for continual improvement of student success, faculty members must plan an optimal learning environment; provide high quality instruction and advising; assess themselves, their students, and their teaching techniques in order to increase effectiveness; continue their own professional development; actively participate in various internal processes; and participate in the shared governance process to ensure policies and procedures remain focused on maintaining high standards while providing appropriate support for student needs.
Deliver effective instruction:
1. Assume primary responsibility for and exercise oversight of the curriculum in conjunction with the Dean, ensuring both the rigor of programs and the quality of instruction.
2. Consider individual differences of students in order to design and support a range of appropriate learning activities.
3. Use technology in a manner appropriate to the nature and objectives of courses and programs and communicate clearly to students the expectations concerning the use of such technology.
4. Use a variety of techniques to assess student learning as applicable by academic discipline and specific course.
5. Integrate concrete, real-life situations into learning experiences to encourage critical thinking, interdisciplinary skills, and teamwork.
6. Employ methods that develop student understanding of discipline-specific thinking, practices, and procedures, as well as interdisciplinary applications, to create academic literacy.
Assess student learning:
1. Collaborate with colleagues both across colleges and within individual departments in the construction and continuous improvement of measurable learning outcomes.
2. Design assessments that measure or demonstrate student growth.
3. Sequence learning opportunities throughout advising, courses, and programs to build student understanding and knowledge.
4. Align assessment with learning opportunities.
Promote continual improvement as part of the cycle of teaching and learning:
1. Develop and revise curriculum and instructional materials as needed.
2. Use department-designated learning outcomes to plan, develop, and document the effectiveness of teaching activities.
3. Complete all mandatory performance evaluation measures within specified time limits.
4. Share best practices with colleagues in formal or informal settings.
5. Participate in instructional, departmental, or institutional research to improve educational effectiveness.
6. Support the online student survey process.
7. Evaluate teaching and assessment practices to continue improving them.
Support learning through student engagement:
1. Create a positive classroom atmosphere that encourages active and collaborative learning, student effort, academic challenge, student and faculty interaction, and support for learners.
2. Be available to students during posted office hours.
3. Use technology to assist in communication with students.
4. Encourage a sense of community among students for learning both inside and outside the classroom.
Provide student advisement:
1. Help students develop academic habits for the institutes success by reinforcing the required Policies and Procedures for the success of students aswell as the institute.
2. Advise students about program, career, or transfer options to help them make informed decisions leading to degree or certificate completion.
3. Make students aware of and refer them to the appropriate student and academic support services available at the institute.
4. Stay current in academic fields, e.g., by belonging to professional societies, reading discipline-specific journals, studying pedagogy, attending conferences, or making presentations.
5. Contribute to ones academic discipline through research and publication or other endeavours as appropriate.
Participate collegially in department, college, cross-college, discipline-specific, district, and community service activities:
1. Serve on and play an active role in department, college, cross-college, discipline-specific, and/or district committees.
2. Participate in service through appropriate discipline-specific organizations, educational organizations, statewide boards/ committees or community activities.
3. Assist in policy development and other governance matters within ones discipline, department, college, or at district level or across the institute.
Manage classes and learning environments:
1. Maintain attendance records, submit grades on time, and provide constructive feedback as well as other relevant information to students throughout the semester. Create and maintain accurate syllabi that incorporate departmental, college, cross-college, and instructor requirements.
2. Participate in the selection of appropriate materials to support academic departments.
3. Work with students and employers in occupational settings as required by or appropriate to the academic discipline.
4. Conduct classes punctually and in accordance with the prescribed meeting schedule.
And other duties as assigned.
Experience: The candidate should possess 5-10 years of hands on experience in the same field and should be an expert in the respective subject.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Education / Teaching / Training
Functional Area:Teaching, Education, Training, Counselling
Role Category:University Level
Desired Candidate Profile
PG:MBA/PGDM - Any Specialization
Skillville is a Vidyalankar ed-tech company that offers up-skilling programs to working professionals and freshers across the domains of IT, Manufacturing, Retail, Telecom, BFSI and Management. The company offers programs in offline, online and blended modes.
We offer freshers and working professionals a platform to upskill themselves and be job-ready with an array of in-demand courses in the verticals of IT, BFSI and Management in partnership with top universities and corporates.
Skillville operates on a strong online platform and network of classrooms across India and caters to self-paced learning, online learning and classroom mode of learning.
Our courses are curated, delivered and mentored by industry practitioners and are aimed to empower you with practical and job-relevant knowledge. Our academic precision goes beyond theoretical knowledge and all our courses are built around applied learning focussed on engaging you in case studies and industry projects.
With Skillville, you get a unique immersive learning experience that will hone your technical and soft skills to accelerate your career.